TED – (Technology, Entertainment and Design) is a conference that has been running since 1990 in Monterey, California and now shifted to Long Beach, California. The concept that drives TED is that of “Ideas worth Sharing” but it goes deeper than that. It is ideas that are shared and implemented and are changing our world.
TED is a not for profit organization. TED and TED Global are conferences that have a waiting list of over a year for attendees, because the quality of speakers and the ideas they share in under 18 minutes leave the audience with profound, life changing thoughts.
In 2006, TED released the best talks via TEDTALKS www.ted.com, where the talks are available for view or free download.
The numbers speak for themselves:
· More than 500 of the best TED TALKS are available online and more are added every week
· Talks viewed by 15 million people
· Over 200 million video downloads and counting
TED Speakers have shared ideas that have and are changing the world.
· Al Gore’s campaign to fight global warming started as a TED Talk
· Bill Gates’ campaign to eradicate malaria
· Ashraf Ghani’s work on rebuilding broken states
· Sir Ken Robinson on creativity and education
· Jamie Oliver’s fight for nutritious food, which is now the Food Revolution.
This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED